Striving towards and maintaining a pre-eminent position in the specialized medical education community in the region and worldwide.
It is the mission of the Quality Assurance Section at OMSB to establish quality requirements to ensure that effectiveness, efficiency and reliability are maximized through the application of an effective quality management program. The Program Plan will be implemented to satisfy the specific requirements of ISO 2001:2008, and to provide a management structure for the identification, application, and communication of quality assurance expectations within OMSB.
OMSB Quality Policy (In English)
OMSB Quality Policy (In Arabic)
Responsibilities of quality assurance section in OMSB:
- Establishing and maintaining a quality management system at OMSB, based on international quality standards.
- Ensuring that OMSB clients are offered excellent services while developing with them direct and mutual communication.
- Continually reviewing OMSB educational programs and services, and getting feedback from staff, trainers, residents and other clients to ensure continual improvement at all levels of the organization.
- Enhancing managerial and technical skills of staff through actively pursuing on-going professional training.
- Developing and implementing a quality assurance program that ensure that all OMSB activities and services are administratively and scientifically sound.
- Monitoring the quality assurance plan to ensure compliance with quality assurance objectives.
- Ensuring that all employees are complying with the quality assurance plan.
- Developing and implementing new quality assurance procedure to improve work processes.
- Monitoring and conducting in-house audits of all departments/sections on a regular basis and applying corrective actions as needed to ensure compliance with the quality assurance plan.
- Maintaining copies of all procedures and guidelines.
- Performing statistical analysis of quality data and establishing data bases that accurately reflect the performance of OMSB.
- Maintain records and archive of all quality assurance data, audit comments, and client inquiries concerning different activities and services.
- Conducting lectures, seminars and training workshops on quality assurance issues for both OMSB staff and OMSB quality auditors.
Quality Assurance Procedure
1. Document Control Procedure
The purpose of this Procedure is to ensure that all documents within the OMSB Quality Management System are systematically identified, reviewed, approved and distributed and that the correct documents are used by all OMSB staff, in compliance with the ISO requirements.
2. Control of Records Procedure:
To determine the methods of defining, classifying, preserving and destroying Quality Records.
3. Internal Audit Procedure
Internal Audit helps an organization to accomplish its objectives by bringing a systematic, disciplined approach to evaluate and improve the effectiveness of on-going operations.
4. Management Responsibilities Procedure
This procedure describes Management Responsibilities for the Quality Management System (QMS) at OMSB
5. Non Conformity Control Procedure
The purpose of this procedure is to establish the process of identifying, documenting and analyzing non-conformities and mitigating their impacts by implementing corrective and preventive actions. OMSB is geared toward the proactive elimination of & potential deficiencies, non- conformities in products, services or the management system are investigated and implemented to prevent reoccurrence.
6. Preventive /Corrective Actions Procedure
The purpose of this procedure is to establish and outline the process for identifying, documenting, analyzing, and implementing corrective actions or preventive actions required as a result of actual or expected non-conformances or issues which are undesirable to the QAD at OMSB or as per ISO 9001:2008 interpreted requirements.
This procedure should help OMSB’s staff to prevent the recurrence of non-conformance by the following aspects:
· 1. Reviewing or determination of non-conformities.
· 2. Determination of the root cause of the non-conformity.
· 3. Tacking immediate action to eliminate or mitigate the consequences.
· 4. Planning of preventive action
· 5. Required measures to prevent recurrent action/corrective action
· 6. Monitoring and evaluation of corrective action.
7. Customer Satisfaction Survey Approach Procedure
The purpose of this procedure is to define customer survey applications used for providing data to determine customer expectations, to measure and monitor customer satisfaction; in order to meet and improve customer satisfaction.
1. OMSB Documentation Cover page Template.
2. External Document Cover page Template.
3. New/ Amendment/ Obsolete Hard Copy Documents Request Form
4. Quality Records List
5. Internal Audit Report Template
6. Internal Audit Note Template
7. Corrective/Preventive Actions Form
8. Preventive and corrective action plan procedure
9. Risk assessment form
Manual and Resources
1- OMSB Quality Manual
ISO 9001-2008 Certificate
2- ISO 9001:2008 Standards
3- ISO-9001-2008 Arabic-version
The mandate of OMSB is to educate the next generation of leaders in mdeicine in tghe Sultanate of Oman and to provide excellence in medical care with copassion, creativity and flexibility. Therefore, Studies & Research Section was established to build capacity, provide support and promote clinical & medical education research for residents, faculty and OMSB staff within the post-graduate training program in the country.
Excellence in research training for resident doctors as a part of their training towards graduating highly-qualified specialists and consultants.
Providing academic training and adminstrative support related to research conduction to all residents.
1. Research Training Workshops: Part of the residents development plans, two research methodology workshops) basic & advanced) are conducted every year for all residents. Local research experts deliever these workshops in interactive sessions. The attendance of these workshops are pre-requisite for resident graduation.
2. OMSB Annual Research Day: Beside each program research day, every year OMSB has a research day where all the 18 training programs compete for best research papers. Am resident from each program will have an oral presentation on his research paper and the best research papers will be awrded. In addition, two residents from each program will have poster presentations and best 3 poster presentations will be also awarded.
3. Research Block Posting Sessions: Block Posting Sessions of three to four weeks are regularly conducted by the section of Studies & Research. These blocks are dedicated to smaller group of residents (5-10) in each block who receive a group coaching on research proposal writing & data analysis. Each resident has on average from 2 to 3 blocks during their entire training program.
4. Research Office Consulations: The Research section also offers one-to-one consulations through appointments to all residents who need help at any stage of their research project.
5. OMSB Research Review Committee: In 2014, OMSB established a research committee to help support research grant application by OMSB residents. Proposals that are submitted for funding to The Research Council (TRC) are reviewed and approved by the committee. the Graduate Research Support Program (GRSP), a TRC funding program, has now approved 5 research projects and Research Section keeps encouraging the residents to submit their proposals for funding when having solid and significant projects.
OMSB Research Proposal Form
Fund Request Form
Contract for services
Frquent Asked Questions?
1-From where can the resident get the ethical approval?
Residents get the ethical approval of their projects from the site they are planning to conduct their research at.
2-Who can help the resident to publish his paper?
Oman Medical Journal
3- Which proposal form shall the resident use?
OMSB Proposal Form
4- Who can help the residents to use the statistical SOFTWARE, like SPSS, EpiData etc.?
The statistcians from Research Section and Information & Statistics Section.
5-Who shall be in Stage I and Stage II in Research Block Posting Sessions?
Stage I for Proposal Writing & Stage II for Data Collection & analysis
6- What is Reference Manager Workshop?
It is a three-hour wokshop where partcipants are trained to use a specific software to arrange the references while writing the Literature Review
7-If a resident misses 75% of Research Block Sessions, what shall he do?
He shall compensate the missed sessions in the coming blocks.